Saturday, May 28, 2011

Does it make cents to pay full price?

Today I was wondering, is there gonna come a point where we won't be paying full price for anything anymore? We're living during a brief golden period where consumers can get away without paying full price for services. Just the other week I saved $15 at Pho. I would have eaten there anyways, but sure, I'll take not paying $15 more than I have to.

Which got me to thinking, do people buy Groupons/Living Socials/BuyWithMe/YouNameIts to places they already go or are businesses really attracting new customers? What do you do, leave me a comment below?

Have you checked out the Weekly Dig's DigDeals (not a paid endorsement)? I find that a lot of the group deals are to places that I don't want to go to, but Dig's selling giftcards to places that are awesome (and ok):

  • $15 for $30 at Stone Hearth Pizza
  • $25 for $50 at the OTHERSIDE Cafe
  • $25 for $50 at Lord Hobo's
These appear to be limited, because Union Street and Jacob Wirth's are sold out, so get yours, I've got mine.

http://digboston.com/deals/eats-drinks/

No comments: